pain, inflammation, and neuro balance
pain, inflammation, and neuro balance
common positive effects of cbd and the science to back it up.
Let’s talk about the three most common positive effects from CBD that have more people turning to it as an all-natural pain management tool.
While every person may find unique benefits given their body chemistry, both science and anecdotal evidence points to Pain Relief, Inflammation, and Neuro Balance as three common areas positively affected by CBD.
Let’s look at each of these benefits to understand what they are, the causes and how CBD plays a critical role in helping the body reach homeostasis.
Let’s start with Pain. Acute pain happens when inflammation occurs and sends multiple receptors to the nerve endings, warning our brain of something happening in a certain area of our body.
So how does CBD and the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) we’ve learned about factor in?
Here’s what the science tells us:
- CBD supports the natural neurotransmitter in our bodies that promotes pain relief
- CBD supports your ECS system by interacting with the enzyme (FAAH) that breaks down anandamide
- Anandamide is a natural endocannabinoid that helps with pain relief & anxiety. Your body makes this during movement (we don’t move enough, thus more people are living in pain and anxiety than ever before)
- Anandamide feeds your ECS, thus the more anandamide we have in our system the less pain we will feel in our body
A number of our customers find CBD to be helpful with both acute and chronic pain. Here are a couple recent customer reactions:
“As a former professional athlete with post-playing career related back pain, I’ve loved incorporating Mendi as a natural pain-management solution.”
Curtis Borchardt - Doctor of Physical Therapy, Retired NBA Player
“I’m recovering from ACL reconstruction and don’t want to take a lot of pain killers. Mendi products help me wake up feeling rested and recovered.”
Ashley B. - Mendi Customer
Inflammation is a natural bodily process and often necessary to help the body fight off outside invaders like a virus or bacteria. However, it can be uncomfortable and painful at times. Luckily, CBD is a low risk, plant derived solution without the side effects that other medications can have. Let’s take a look at what we know about CBD and its relation to inflammation.
- Sometimes an inflammatory response is over-triggered, causing chronic inflammation that attacks your healthy tissue and causes a lot of pain long term (ex. rheumatoid arthritis)
- There is also acute inflammation which can occur following an injury, infection, or illness where you may notice pain, swelling, redness, and heat as symptoms.
- Recently inflammation has been treated with anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as Ibuprofen (or Advil), Aspirin and Aleve, and steroid medications such as Prednisolone.
- But a number of studies in the past 10 years suggest that CBD’s ability to inhibit an enzyme called COX2 (something that medicines like Advil or Aspirin also target), can make CBD an effective tool in suppressing inflammatory responses.
Here is what some of our Mendi customers have to say from first hand experience
“I’m a professional ballet dancer and recently tore my ACL. During my recovery process Mendi helped me control my inflammation and kept my knee from feeling stiff.”
Naomi C. - Mendi Customer
“I’ve been using the Salve Stick and it has helped me quiet pain from inflamed shoulder injuries.”
Chef N. - Mendi Customer
The therapeutic use of CBD is of ongoing interest thanks to anecdotal evidence and new research. Existing studies suggest CBD holds promise for treating depression, stress, and anxiety - which affect millions of Americans. Again, CBD is a low risk, plant derived solution without the side effects experienced by taking other medications for stress and anxiety. Let’s dive into what we know about CBD and neurology.
- The key to CBD’s neurological effect is believed to be linked to serotonin, a neurotransmitter that helps manage your mood and regulate anxiety.
- It is known that many common antidepressants work by acting on serotonin receptors in the brain.
- Studies show CBD also binds to the receptor that triggers serotonin release, this activation in turn helps balance mood, anxiety and stress responses.
- Currently there is only one FDA‑approved prescription cannabidiol, EPIDIOLEX, used for certain neurological conditions like epilepsy. But both science and anecdotal evidence point to the potential of CBD as an effective treatment for many other neuro-related conditions.
Many Mendi customers use our products for the neuro balancing effect. Here are a few examples:
“The gummies are a lifesaver! Not only can I fall asleep, but I can stay asleep through the night. Game. Changer.”
Chelssya H. - Mendi Customer
I’ve been using the Base Line tinctures and gummies for a few months now. They both have really helped me with stress and anxiety at work. Great product and great taste.
Alysia M. - Mendi Customer
shop top products
Enjoy two great soaks with one of our 4 oz. 75mg Bath Salt packs featuring Jacobson Salt Co. flakes.
Get two great soaks in with one 4 oz. scented Bath Salt pack featuring Jacobsen Salt Co.'s famous crystals.
The 15 count tins make a convenient way to sample our fan-fave 25mg CBD Gummies on the go.
Keep your all-natural Gummies fresh and always nearby in our new convenient 15 count tins.
25mg CBD ea.
Score some ZZZs this season and fully recover with the 500mg Night Blend.
Score some ZZZs this season catch the much needed rest to fully recover after a record-setting year.
Our new Mini Massage oil bottle is ready for holiday relaxation with 450mg of CBD and natural oils.
Travel with our new Mini bottle designed to easily fit in any gym bag deliver that deep heat massage.
more mendi science
More Mendi Science articles to help you get started learning the basics of how our hemp-derived products are made and what they can do.
NEW MENDI SCIENCE ARTICLES CURRENTLY UNDERWAY
HEMP VS. “MARIJUANA”
See how the same plant is bred in order to produce two distinctly different versions of the cannabis plant.
WHY INDIVIDUAL DOSING MATTERS
With a low and slow approach, each individual can experiment with finding the right amount of CBD that works for them.
THE POWERFUL CHEMISTRY OF TERPENES
These aromatic compounds create the signature scent of pine, lavender, and citrus. Find out how sweet smelling Terpenes team up with cannabinoids to boost the therapeutic profile of cannabis products.
Want to learn more about Mendi Science? Choose from our quick list of topics.
DISCOVER MENDI’s CBD JOURNEYS
In episode 5 of our Sideline Huddle podcast series we sat down with our team mid-COVID distancing to talk about how we first got started using hemp products, how Mendi has helped demystify cannabis for our parents, and our favorite ways to try our products with the right dose.